Saturday, June 6, 2015

BATISMO!!!!

Oi família!!!

Esta semana foi uma maravilha!!! We had a miraculous baptism! Seriously, it was a miracle. God just placed Amintas into our path and he was super prepared to take the steps leading to baptism. It was kind of funny though because his original date to be baptized was dia 21 which was Thursday, but we had a zone conference in Linhares and we missed our ônibus so we didn't arrive home until like 11pm so we had to move the baptism to the next day. Amintas was a little disappointed when we called him and he had already gotten ready and was preparing to leave to arrive early at the church building, but he took the news well haha I love him so much. He's such a happy person and he has a lot of faith and he was such an amazing investigator. It was just an amazing experience to see how he progressed. And also, we involved the members a lot more with him and he already has a bunch of friends and everything was just such a great success!

Also, we have a baptism date marked for this Sunday for Aldo! I mentioned him in my last email and he is doing great! He's even already committed to stop drinking coffee!! He came to Amintas' baptism too and he liked it! And he came to sacrament meeting yesterday. We are just seeing soooo many blessings!!

So I've set a goal to read all of the New Testament again and I've almost finished Matthew. This morning in my personal study, I read Matthew 25 and I lovedddd it. It talks about the parables of the ten virgins and the talents and the sheep and the goats. I love when the Lord is talking to the first two servants and since they did the right things he says to them, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." And later on in the next parable, he says, "...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." So far on my mission I have learned so much. One of the things I have learned is that when we are prepared and faithful and willing to serve and care for others and when we strive to do good works and share all that we have and know with others, we receive blessings beyond belief. I truly believe in the second verse that I shared and I am truly humbled to be a missionary and to have this opportunity to serve and to learn and to grow. 

Eu amo vocês!!

Com amor,
Sister Earls

Matthew 25:21, 40
 
BATISMO!!!! Amintas was baptized by Orismar (a member who recently moved into the ward). It was amazing!!! He was so happy haha
 
 
We got soaked in the rain after a baptismal interview with Amintas (which he passed!!!)
 

Our district is super cool. We arrived super early to our zone conference so we had to wait outside the building until someone came with the keys. Photo shoot was the obvious solution haha


Cleaning the pia batismal!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment