Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Feliz Ano Novo!

So transfers are this week and there were some changes and we no longer have transfer meetings. So when our leaders call us, they tell us everything instead of just whether or not we will stay in our area. So Sister Sosa was transferred :( I'm really going to miss her craziness haha It's been a blast being her companion. She'll be serving in São Gabriel. I stayed here in Estrelinha and my new companion will arrive tomorrow. She is American which surprised me haha I don't think I'll train before my mission is over, but this will basically be like training a sister because she only has 3 months here and she's struggling a lot with the language. I already met her when I did a division with other sisters in Serra where she was serving before and during some zone meetings so it's cool because we're already friends and we're pretty similar so I think it's gonna be fun. Her name is Sister Dodge. We'll be living with 2 more sisters again too. Sister Barth who is brasileira and she'll be training another sister. SUPER FUN!

Guys I can't believe that the year is ending. My mission is passing by wayyyyy too quickly! Also, I don't want to turn 22 haha But anyways, I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas because I sure did!! I cried like a baby haha I held myself together during all of my other phone calls home, but this time was my last phone call on the mission and everyone was super trunky so i kinda freaked out ;)

Sorry I'm running out of time so I'll send the rest in Portugues (what I sent to presidente):

Bruno está muito animado para ser entrevistado na quarta e saber melhor sobre quando ele vai poder ser batizado. A situação dele realmente é complicada mas ele é muito bom e nesses meses que eu tenho conhecido ele, eu tenho visto uma mudança muito grande nele e ele realmente tem um desejo de ser batizado na igreja verdadeira. Acho que durante os 5 ou 6 meses que ele está frequentando a igreja, ele só faltou duas vezes. Ele realmente gosta das coisas da igreja e tem um testemunho.

Bruno is very excited to be interviewed on Wednesday and better understand when he will be able to be baptized. The situation it is really complicated but he has been very good and in the months that I have known him, I have seen a very big change in him and he really has a desire to be baptized into the true church. I think that during the five or six months he has attended church, he has only missed twice. He really likes the things of the church and has a testimony.

Também, estamos trabalhando muito com a sobrinha do bispo, Gabriela. Ela já foi para várias atividades da igreja mas só começou a frequentar nos últimos domingos passados. Nessas semanas, ela tem viajado muito por causa das férias então quando tentamos marcar uma data para um dia mais perto do natal, ela falou que só poderia depois do ano novo. Então, ela tem uma data marcada para o dia 10 de janeiro. A família dela está muito feliz e ela está orando muito sobre as lições e também, ela falou que teve um sonho sobre a igreja e que está recebendo muitas respostas!


Also, we are working hard with the bishop's neice, Gabriela. She has been to several church activities but only began attending these past few Sundays. She has traveled a lot over the past few weeks because of the holidays so when we try to set a date to meet with her at home, she said she could only after the New Year. So we scheduled a date for January 10. Her family is very happy and she's praying a lot about the lessons as well, she said she had a dream about the church and that she's getting many answers!

Eu amo vocês!

Com amor,
Sister Earls


we had a churrasco on Christmas Eve with Cléria and Junior (recent-converts) and Bruno (investigator) haha it was great


Christmas party with Luceni and Eni. They are eternal investigators but they love us! I actually got to know them in Colatina which is cool and when I arrived here in Estrelinha, I forgot that Luceni lives here but I found her at church :) And Eni is awesome too! She lives in São Mateus and I actually passed her address to the missionaries who were serving there 6 months ago and she has been frequenting the church ever since!  


FAMILY <3 Best phone call home ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment