Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Missão É Difícil...

Sorry I don't have much time left to write. So this week was a bit difficult...

We only have one week left in the transfer and we haven't seen that much success. We did have a pesquisadora at church yesterday though! It was Sandra! Y'all probably don't remember but I was working a lot with her when Sister Wootan was here (in January I think). She wasn't really progressing though and she never went to church so we ending up dropping her. I randomly thought of her a couple of weeks ago and we've been working with her a lot. She has some problems with some mandamentos though and she drinks coffee every day so it's kind of a struggle. We were hoping to baptize her during the transfer but it's probably not gonna happen since she's struggling a lot with coffee. We even bought her cevada to help but she didn't like it...One of the worst things about the mission is people's agency! I mean, ya know, it's good that we have agency but it's so frustrating when we teach people the truth and they don't choose to follow it! I think I'm really starting to understand how frustrated mom must have gotten every time I made a bad choice haha

Oh and Zione (our super eleita!) cut us this week. It broke our hearts. She had a lot of pressure from her family to stop talking to us because they're all Catholic. We showed up at her house ready to continue teaching her but during the middle of the lesson she randomly said that she didn't want to be baptized anymore and that we could still stop by and be friends but that she wouldn't be baptized. We were devastated. 

Good thing this week! We had divisions with the sister treinadoras Thursday and it was cool because we got to help them in their area instead of ours. I got to do divisions with Sister Cabrera who is from Uruguay! She's so sweet. We're really similar and I loved teaching with her. She has such a sweet spirit and she taught me a lot.

So to be honest, I've been kind of struggling a lot during this transfer. I'm really missing home and I'm still not understanding as much as I want to. I get really frustrated with myself and sometimes I feel like I'm not a good missionary. But, I'm glad that I'm having struggles because I'm learning a lot. I'm learning to have more patience (with others and with myself) and I'm really learning to rely on the Lord. The mission really is hard but it's really worth it too :)

Eu amo vocês!

Com amor,
Sister Earls

Proverbs 3:5-6

We had a random party and watched church films and ate pizza and popcorn and sushi! It was awesome haha I love Sister Rodriguez!


I love São Mateus!



No comments:

Post a Comment