Tuesday, January 27, 2015

No Subject

So I'm really behind on sending photos and I really wanna respond to more emails so I'm gonna try to make this short...

This week was pretty good. It went by really fast. I can't believe we're almost done with this transfer. I really wanna know if I'm staying here in São Mateus or not. All of the Elders think I'm gonna be sent somewhere else...I don't know if that's good or bad but whatevs.

Anyways, so this week was kind of exciting! We got to do exchanges with the sister treinadoras! It was crazy because I had to plan everything and make sure that I knew where everyone lived in Porto since we were covering Porto that day while Sister Vergara and Sister Wootan were covering Fatima. But it really boosted my confidence! I actually kind of knew what I was doing. And Sister Cruz said that I'm speaking and teaching really well and that I really do have the gift of tongues haha I hope she wasn't just being nice...

Oh! So we taught a bunch of homens and rapazes in the park in Porto on Wednesday. We always pass by them, but we had only talked to one of them before. They started talking to us because they were curious about why we're always walking around when it's so hot and why we're always dressed up with plaquetas. We sat down with them and taught the Restoration to like 10 people haha No big deal. It was awesome! And two of them ended up coming to church with us (Enrique e Vitor). And we taught another one of them (Willas) yesterday and he accepted a baptismal date!
Oh, but we're starting to have problems with Felipe because his situation is so complicated. We're still not sure if his mom is actually a member and his baptismal date for this week fell through because his dad wouldn't let him come to church yesterday. Praying things get better for him because he's an awesome kid and he is so prepared for baptism!

So this week, I've been studying in PMG about the perguntas da alma (questions of the soul) that the Book of Mormon answers. One that I focused on was "How can a belief in Jesus Christ help me?" Alma 36 answers this questions perfectly and I love how Alma testifies of the joy he felt after he remembered how his father had prophesied of the coming of the Savior who would atone for the sins of the world. He remembered his pains no more and he was no longer tormented by his sins. He then explains in verse 24 of how he labored without ceasing to bring souls unto repentance so that they might know the exceeding joy that he felt. I love this so much and I feel this every day. I love being a missionary and being able to share the joy that I feel because of this gospel and the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.

Eu amo vocês!

Com amor,
Sister Alia Yun Earls
 
Chilling with the lovely Sister Richards in an air conditioned mall with McDonald's ice cream that the office Elders bought for us! I felt like I was in America again haha
 
  
Hanging with the peeps in Subway after we became legal in Brazil!


 We were by the ocean and life was wonderful!


 Taking a break on a swingset in Guriri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment