Monday, October 20, 2014

Feijão Legal!

Cool Beans! Haha Irmão Adams taught us how to translate that into Portugués even though it doesn't really work...Still legal though.

Oi minha família e meus amigos! Bom dia!

Ah I left myself so little time to write again! Oh well...

Another great week! Portuguese is improving for sure. Yesterday was kind of a difficult day but overall, things are still awesome.

Sister Richards and I are still the best companionship ever. I love her so much and we really do work together well. 

Hmm what are some good highlights of the week...

Oh we found out that our pesquisador that we had been teaching was actually going to be our teacher. So "Mauricio" is now Irmão Adams. We were able to commit him to baptism in our last lesson which was awesome! I had memorized the invitation to be baptized so I was able to actually maintain eye contact and ask him in portugués which was so legal!! Sis R and I are pretty good at giving lessons now (yesterday was a pretty weird lesson for us though). We don't just read from our papers and we can like actually form coherent sentences. And I finished learning o primeiro visão and the baptism invitation and some of the 7 habits for missionaries. I found out that I was pretty good at memorizing things, but I had a moment where I realized that it wasn't just about checking things off the list of things to memorize. It was about understanding what each thing was in English also and really internalizing what I was saying rather than just memorizing words that I could barely pronounce or comprehend. 

So my favorite thing to do is go on walks to the temple which we do every Sunday and we got to go a lot during general conference. The provo temple is awesome. And I love getting to go inside on P days! Seriously, temples are the best. It's so great to go inside and to let my worries go away for a bit (especially since we're constantly worrying and studying every minute of every day and trying to learn portuguese and how to teach people). 

Oh and I guess my second favorite thing is devotionals!! It's so cool to hear from so many different speakers! This past devotional we heard from D. Greg Droubay who is the director of media for the missionary department and he showed us a sneak peek of a new mormon ad that they'll be releasing this December on YouTube for Christmas that is kinda like the Easter and Mother's Day videos (not sure if any of you saw those, but you should look them up if you haven't) so that was really cool!

Oh and on Sundays, we usually watch a video after devotional and this past Sunday, Sis R and I watched one about teaching from Elder Holland. I like something he said: Never let your faith be difficult to detect! So great. 

Oh I almost forgot! For sacrament meetings, the branch president randomly picks two or three elders or sisters to give talks that we prepare during the week (in portuguese of course) and I was so sure that Sis R or I would get picked. And guess who got picked?! Haha not me, but Sis Richards gave her talk about O Livro de Mórmon and it was so good! 

Ahh I'm running out of time! But I just want to say that I know that Heavenly Father loves all of us. So so much. All He wants is for us to return to Him someday. The atonement is so real and repentance is such a blessing that we can't take for granted. We need to use it all the time and constantly strive to change ourselves and align our will with that of the Lord.

I love you all so much!!!
Sister Alia Earls
 
On Wednesdays we wear pink.

I was realllllyyyyy reallllyyyyy cansada during our last 3 hour block one day and Sister Richards let me take a secret power nap on the floor in our study room haha

 
Sisters in our district on the most beautiful Sunday ever.

 
Sis R and I are the cutest!

No comments:

Post a Comment