Monday, November 16, 2015

Sisteres de Poder! (Power Sisters!)

Sorry I'm running out of time so my email is gonna be half in portuguese and half in english haha
A semana foi um pouquinho estressante. Infelizmente, nosso batismo caiu antes do sábado por causa de um tio da Laysa e também por causa de algumas outras coisas. Mas, Laysa falou com o tio dela no sábado quando ele chegou de uma viagem e ele finalmente deixou e ela está firme mesmo para ser batizada no sábado agora então eu e Sister Sosa estamos muito felizes porque FICAMOS aqui na Estrelinha :) I think I forgot to mention that transfers were going to be happening ;)
Translation: The week was a bit stressful. Unfortunately, our baptism fell before Saturday because of an uncle of Laysa along with some other things. But Laysa spoke to her uncle on Saturday when he arrived home from a trip and he finally left and she is firm even to be baptized on Saturday now and Sister Sosa and I are very happy because we are still here in Estrelinha :) I think I forgot to mentionthat transfers were going to be happening;)
Temos um outro pesquisador com uma data de batismo também (Roberto). Ele tem 60 anos e faz 30 anos já que conhece a igreja (a mãe dele era membro) mas nunca foi batizado porque ele não era casado legalmente. Duas semanas atrás a mulher dele faleceu então nós visitamos ele e ensinamos sobre os mandamentos e ele falou que vai orar a respeito da data batismal. Ele já conhece tudo e tem um testemunho e sempre está participando da aula de princípios do evangelho. Ele só tem que parar de tomar café. 
Translation: We have another investigator with a baptism date as well (Roberto). He is 60 years old and has already known about the church for 30 years (his mother was a member) but was never baptized because he was not legally married. Two weeks ago his wife died so we visited him and teach about the commandments and he said he will pray about the baptismal date. He already knows everything and has a testimony and is always participating in the Gospel Principles class. He just has to stop drinking coffee.
I'm super stoked to be staying here in Estrelinha with Sister Sosa. This last transfer was pretty eventful and hilarious and I'm excited for this next transfer (and Christmas!!!)! Haha oh and the email subject is a phrase that Sister Sosa always says. She always walks in the church hallways and screams that we're sisteres de poder hahaha And she always tells the bishop when we have meetings with him ;)
I wanted to share a scripture that I read the other day :) (Lucas 9:57-62)
57 ¶And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, certain man said unto him, Lord, will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
 58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Soof man hath not where to lay his head.
 59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
 60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but gthou and preach the kingdom of God.
 61 And another also said, Lord, will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewellwhich are at home at my house.
 62 And Jesus said unto him, Nman, having put his hand to the ploughand looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
I know that it is very important to keep my focus in order to preach the kingdom of God. I cannot look back and think much about things at home or friends or family (of course I do a little bit). But I know my purpose and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary and to preach this gospel :) It is my hope every day that I am becoming more fit for the kingdom of God.
Eu amo vocês!!
Com amor,
Sister Earls

No comments:

Post a Comment